If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to visit the frozen, remote and vast landscape of Antarctica, here are 12 reasons why you should go and experience it for yourself, from travel writer Lisa Morris and photographer Jason Spafford.
1. Imagine You’re In A Painting When Viewing the Mammoth Vistas Of The Antarctic.
2. Carve Through The Ice Whilst You Cruise Through Antarctic Waters, The Purest Place On Earth.
3. Get Up Close And Personal With A Gentoo Penguin On The Peninsula.
4. Get In The Thick Of It On A Rigid Inflated Boat Off The Cold But Enigmatic Waters Of The Antarctic.
5. Hang Out With A Colony Of Penguins Off The Antarctic Peninsula.
6. Paddle Through The Ice From A Sea Kayak And Watch Huge Carvings Of Ice Tumble Into The Water.
7. Smile At The Penguins While They Shuffle Over The Crunchy Ice.
8. Visit A British Base And The Penguin Post Office To Learn A Little About The Pioneering History Behind The Purest Place On Earth.
9. Watch The Floating Ice Turn A Fiery Orange Beneath The Incredibly Light Night Skies.
10. Watch The Seals, Penguins And Other Beautiful Bird Life From A Sea Kayak.
11. Visit An Antarctic Base On The Peninsula.
12. Don’t forget Your GoPro When You Take A Refreshing Plunge Into Antarctic Waters.
Lisa Morris and Jason Spafford
Lisa Morris and Jason Spafford are currently riding the length of the Americas; travelling from Antarctica to the Arctic Circle supported with a bundle of kit from Cotswold Outdoor, they relish sharing their trials and tribulations of living on the road as travel writers and photographers. To learn more about their journey go to http://twowheelednomad.com/